About Bara Prasilova
Bára Prášilová is an art director, conceptual photographer and director.
Bara’s work is appreciated for her strong signature style combining absurd humour, alarming beauty, playfulness, mild cruelty as well as her persistent passion for perfection.
Her job frequently involves her own demanding props production which she later combines with advantages of digital photography. Her artwork have been exhibited all over the world and many of them awarded international prizes.
Bara’s personal goal is to cultivate beauty and feminine style along with sense of lightness in visual arts.
Clio Awards – bronze / Audio visual category / New York (2019)
Art Directors Club Award Gold Winner in Photography category, Prague (2019)
Global Hasselblad Ambassador (2017 – 2018)
Member of the Jury at Hasselblad Masters Award 2016, 2018)
Winner of the global PDN Photo Annual Award, New York (2017)
Winner of the Grand Prix of FotoFest, Kosice (2017)
Hasselblad Masters Award (2014)
European Quiksilver Ambassador (2009 – 2012)
Finalist of the New York Photo Awards, New York, (2012)
Photographer of the Year by the Academy of Design of the Czech Republic (2009, 2011)
Winner of the Frame 005 Awards, Brno (2005)
– Clio Awards – bronze / Audio visual category / New York (2019)
– Gold Award – Art Directors Club Awards 2019, Photography category, Prague, 2019
– winner of The Look 2017 – category Advertising, New York
– winner of the PDN Photo Annual Awards 2017 – Advertising & Corporate work, New York
– Grand Prix of FotoFest Kosice 2017, Kosice, Slovakia
– Hasselblad Master 2014 – Fashion & Beauty category, Gothenburg, Sweden
– winner of the Screenings Awards 2013, Berlin, Germany
– winner of the Photographer of the year 2011 (Czech Grand Design), Prague, Czech Republic
– winner of the Photographer of the year 2009 (Czech Grand Design), Prague, Czech Republic
– winner of the Frame 005 Awards, Brno, Czech Republic