COMPANY // Taylor James
LOCATION // Berlin, Deutschland
Reporting To – Head of 2D in London; Josh Rogers
As an Automotive Retoucher you will be ina creative and technical role, assisting and sometimes leading the effective delivery of 2D Auto projects. Working with other members of the Taylor James Automotive Retouch team across LA, London and Berlin, your time will be spent retouching images and ensuring the final creative quality of projects produced is of the highest quality. You will be expected to learn the methodology, practices and processes of Taylor James’s retouch pipeline. At every opportunity you will be expected to push your learning and abilities to continually develop as a Retoucher.
MAIN ASPECTS OF THE ROLE:
- Produce highest quality retouched and composited files for print and animation.
- Understand and follow the Taylor James pipeline and processes.
- Display a good creative vision and eye for photorealism.
- Retouch with CGI.
- Understand, adopt and help further enhance our internal Automotive Pipeline.
- Retouch on photography shoots.
Pitching and Project Management
- Work with Sales team and Producers to accurately compile production timings.
- Work with your team to develop strategic creative solutions for clients at pitching and pre-production stages..
- Learn to evaluate client briefs and actively suggest best practice solutions.
- Working with senior staff to run a job from briefing/concept stage to final delivery.
- Direct small internal photographic productions.
- Set up and run the final delivery of all CMYK production and GMG proofs.
- Flexibility to travel globally for productions,
- Taylor James Stock Library - Have the ability to search and create lightbox collections.
- Good communication, team management and leadership by example.
- Communicate with the Production team so they are aware of workloads, schedules, changes and any additional work/costs.
- When appropriate delegate relevant work, giving clear briefs and then oversee colleagues.
- As part of your continued development we will occasionally put you in a position to deal directly with clients and run small projects from start to finish.
- On occasions supervise activities undertaken by retouch employees (internal staff and freelancers).
- Encourage and coach others to improve their personal development, maintain and promote team morale.
- Absorb job pressures and maintain clarity and energy levels in team.
- Effective communication of top level decisions and activities where needed.
- Occasionally manage of all internships, placements, other resources.
- 3+ years professional experience in retouch & CGI production for print, strong working knowledge of core Retouch software packages and related practices
- Expert use of Adobe Photoshop CSS and readiness to gain expertise in future versions
- Proficient use of Adobe InDesign and Acrobat, plus an understanding of Illustrator
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Professional expertise of studio and location-based photography capture requirements and setups, including Capture One processing and HDRi capture
- Understanding of CGI post-production production processes for print
- Fluent native German speaker, with proficient level of English necessary for inter-studio communication
Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the Germany. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer work-permission sponsorship.