YOU ARE READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT - Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience. Zalando Fashion Studios is responsible for how the products are presented on the website. All product photos, shoots of products with models and product information and descriptions are done here.
Our goal: to provide our customers with an informative, entertaining and appealing impression of our products. We want customers to enjoying browsing, reading and shopping at Zalando – in other words, to have an excellent shopping experience.
As senior art buyer you will develop a good understanding of the Zalando model aesthetic and Zalando portfolio of brands. Our choice of models is how we differentiate between the different brands on the site. The right casting will “speak to the customer” and sell the product.
YOU ARE SETTING STANDARDS
• As Senior Art Buyer you will be responsible for the selection and booking of all E- commerce models and freelancers such as art directors, photographers, lead stylists and hair & make-up artists. You will be organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• You will be in close contact with international external agencies, conduct go-sees, negotiate fees, check invoices and be their direct contact person, building strong relationships.
• Being responsible for the bookings you will be in close collaboration with our creative director as well as with the team leads and adhere to all processes set out by management. Liaising across the production team, you will act as a key contact to answer model queries, and make quick decisions to ensure deadlines are met whilst ensuring casting is not compromised.
• You will collate feedback on models, including model analytics and feedback to bookers, always keeping track of model contracts, model usage and the tracking of street cast bookings.
• While overseen the model booking team, you will be responsible for daily booking reminders, morning model check-in process and quick problem solving on daily issues, acting as the bookers’ main point of contact.
• You will be overseeing the reporting of the model booking department and all departments PO’s and accounts, working together with the administrators to resolve accounts discrepancies. Collating monthly budget, communicating spend forecast and highlight potential cost savings and reporting them to management are part of your responsibilities.
YOU ARE SKILLED
• Fashion and lifestyle are not only your biggest passions but you also have already collected at least 4 years of experience in a similar position. You can demonstrate experience in a production role or transferable experience. •You offer your team a consistent creative direction, always communicating clear business goals and expectations. You provide them with information on all recent developments and new trends in weekly meetings. You create a good working environment where all team members feel at ease and can develop within their areas of expertise, with this main goal in mind you will also take over Feedback and Development Talks.
• You are approachable and personable, with a strong ability to build relationships at all levels across the business. You can boast clear communication and confident negotiation skills when being in contact with external agencies or other stakeholders.
• Good organization is one of your biggest strengths and you stay on top of everything even with very complex bookings and competing deadlines. You think fast, work proactively and handle difficult and high pressured situations with a calm and mature approach.
• You bring excellent problem solving skills and ability to understand and work through priorities. As well as being confident when working with budgets and taking full ownership of different accounts.
• You demonstrate a consistent enthusiastic approach to independent work and a team player mentality, with lots of energy and enthusiasm. You are methodical, accurate and extremely organized with a keen eye for detail.
• Use of own initiative – you are a self-starter who can anticipate others’ needs with strong judgment, willing to learn and take on responsibility.
• You are skilled in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, In Design and in the general day to day running of a PC and/or MAC.
YOU ARE OFFERED
• A workplace where trust, empowerment and feedback are valued; positive, inspiring working atmosphere.
• Competitive salary; great shopping discount on a wide range of products on zalando.com; discounts from external partners; office in the heart of Berlin; public transport discounts; relocation assistance for internationals; municipality services; flexible working times; family service and parent & child rooms*; additional holidays & volunteering time off; diverse sports and health offerings*. (*Partly, depends on location)
• Mentoring; personal branding support focused on leadership; diverse career opportunities.
• International, accomplished experts.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply! If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring process, please contact our recruiter Lydia Hinz: Lydia.firstname.lastname@example.org