The Covid-19 pandemic has catalyzed a movement towards working remotely across all sectors as businesses begin to look forward to a world post-pandemic. With much of the world’s population under lockdown, airlines suspending international flights, and restrictions on numbers at gatherings limiting the possibilities of crews, remote production is one of the most viable forms of production at the industry’s immediate disposal. Due to the global nature of the coronavirus, productions involving international travel may be impacted for months to come even as individual countries loosen lockdown measures and crews can start working again.
Remote production solves these problems by connecting international partners to a 360-degree vision of the shoot from beginning to end. Camera feeds are streamed in real time to those who are unable to be physically present on set. Using top video streaming technology right at our fingertips, communication channels are established to make sure that remote participants can contribute, approve and direct as if they were on set themselves.
In summary, this is what is on offer:
- Full local team, German-speaking where available
- Freight and customs handling for product and collection
- Live castings & fittings done on live streaming video tool with overseas team remote
- Directors & tech recce with overseas team remote and constant 360-degree streaming of location via GoPro and live streaming video tool for discussions
- Complete on-set live streaming from the more basic requirements for our print teams, to the larger high-end setup for the bigger film productions
- FIRST PRODUCTIONS will be utilizing a platform which integrates every aspect of a modern video assist, including logging capabilities, rapid shot selections and media import, export and more to live stream with minimal delay
Additional GoPro setups are available to shoot creative areas such as make-up, wardrobe and art for approvals. If required, FIRST PRODUCTIONS also sets up a separate camera for more discreet chats with agencies or directors without being broadcasted to the entire team. Whatever your requirements are, they can do it.
“The goal is, with screen sharing software, the editor, director, client and creative team can collaborate and interact in real time to create a workflow that is similar to that of being live on set in person. For more detailed information, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can send you all the technical details!” Melanie Bold, First Productions. “We are extremely excited about this new venture, finding something positive in a negative worldwide situation, and hope to collaborate with you soon!”