“What a difference a day makes...” On 15 November, UPDATE-19-BERLIN took place once again at Titanic Hotel in Berlin. We’d like to share a few numbers & impressions from the biggest art producer salon in Europe with you. In 2019, more than 70 agencies were represented with booths – mainly from Germany, Zurich, London, Cape Town, Stockholm, New York, Los Angeles, Warsaw, Vienna, Paris, Lisbon, and Oslo.
UPDATE 2019 in a nutshell:
- FILM/ANIMATION/VR/CGI along with classic photographer representation were among the popular topics.
- South Africa was the main international focus in 2019, followed by London.
- The VIEWINGS took place for the second year and, with top-notch support from Wieden+Kennedy, Tommy Hilfiger and KEKO, were once again in popular demand throughout.
- The UPDATE LIBRARY showcased almost 20 handpicked photographers, whose work can now be seen online at gosee.de/library.
- To give you an idea, here’s a selection of accredited advertising agencies: Publicis Paris, KEKO, antoni, VCCP London, Grabarz & Partner, Mother London, thjnk, Wieden+Kennedy, Prodigious Paris, Neverest, Saatchi & Saatchi, Leo Burnett, Kolle Rebbe, Heimat, Scholz & Friends Hamburg, Philipp & Keuntje, BBDO, McCann, Jung von Matt, Innocean, FCB, Serviceplan, Behind the Scenes, Butter, Optimist, C3, Grey,... and direct clients such as PUMA, ZALANDO, H&M home, FOR YOU, UNIVERSAL MUSIC, BMW, TOMMY HILFIGER, PEEK&CLOPPENBURG, MERCEDES-BENZ, SPORT SCHECK, OTTO, ARKET, VOLKSWAGEN, G-STAR, ADIDAS, ...
- The GoSeeAWARDS have more than 100 submissions and an incredible +150 jurors to show for. Find out who’s among the winners under GoSeeAWARDS.com.
- The VIP JURY DINNER was fully booked even down to the last chair with 104 guests, for which our thanks go to the sponsors, TOBIAS BOSCH FOTOMANAGEMENT and BANRAP.
Our personal summery: We saw impressive booth constructions, beautiful lounges, front cooking, live illustration, minibars and enjoyed so many petit fours we couldn’t, or didn’t, count them. Technology-wise : From face filters on cellphones (bravo Wildfox Running), to touch screens, beamers or even virtual reality at Demodern, the topic of ‘digital’ was addressed creatively, however the focus was clearly on the analogue ‘meeting each other in person’ and engaging with one another... there were the usual beautiful displays, but WAR IS OVER by 2Agenten simply blew us away.
We also noticed that the large number of exhibitors – there were more than 70 agencies in 2019 – attracted a correspondingly large number of creatives to the event. There has never been so much interest already in the run-up, which is also reflected in the number of visitors. We would like to thank our exhibitors, our cooperation partners, our team and hope to see you all at the same place in 2020 :-) !
About this artwork: Visit UPDATE-19-BERLIN - for all creatives the entrance is for free. CD, AD, Fashion Editor, Art Buyer, Art Producer ..... come and meet our...
About this artwork: Visit UPDATE!8BERLIN - for all creatives the entrance is for free. CD, AD, Fashion Editor, Art Buyer, Art Producer ..... come and meet our...